Series (Story number): Who's Right? (12)
Summary: Home improvement. 50's AU.
Author's notes: Written in text to Leah A. I have the mental maturity of maybe about a three-year-old. Explanation of series here.
|Previous Story|Next Story|
I haven't a single Canadian icon.
This is what this is about.
Happy Canada Day but I'm definitely a bad Canadian. I love Canada many lots but I'm too much of an Anglophile. None of my favourite things are Canadian. Except for Toronto. I love here.
But honestly, I can't tell you anything, so, um, here's a link to Saiorse's Canadiana post which makes me look like an even worse Canadian.
Yay for today!
It's good that our high-school kids are getting the right kind of information from their elders, it really is.
Girls aren't equal, I guess. We have to smile all the time and guys can scowl their little hearts out because they are the privileged sex. although, NOTE that he says smile when "you walk into a room". So I guess maybe it's okay to frown once you've made that first "ooh, isn't she pretty" impression. Guys, if you come into a room scowling, never fear! People will just think it's because you've got big manly thoughts going on in your head.
Also, I found this kind of funny:
"The comment regarding Equal being a package to pick up at Starbucks was paraphrased from a comedian's routine, Elniski said."
And I guess that makes it okay? Um, it might be just me, but I find guys who spend their entire routine talking about how dammit, women are just so darn annoying because they don't understand his manly needs to ignore her and other manly messy man things, well, I find those comedians just as offensive as if they'd come out and ranted about 'those damn Orientals'. Or some such thing. So tell me how the fact that you quoted some sexist comedian rather than making it up yourself makes the comment more appropriate? Nevermind, I guess we'll give him a chance to explain what he really meant.
"Elniski said the message was that men and women should be friendly and approachable in dealing with others."
Actually...I seem to remember that the message was that WOMEN should be friendly and approachable. Maybe you should be more specific.
Then he went to the Pride Parade and offended people there.
"Elniski said on the weekend he's not insensitive to the gay community, adding that he has a cousin who is gay."
Oh, all right, then. And that explains the first one too. after all, his mum's a woman. He couldn't possibly be sexist.
Series (Story number): Ginger and Roses (1)
Summary: A short story about the Doctor's inner pain.
Author's notes: This is the first of many stories that I wrote on text to Leah. My phone has a limit of 160 characters per text so they end up being way shorter than any of my other stories. This is good. It's the only way to stop myself from blathering on forever.
( Man pain. Main. Time Lord pain. Time Lain. )|Next Story|
There's a section called: 'Terrible Doctor Who writers ask...' and it's about the "Top 60 Submissions Dr. Who Editors Would Rather Not Recive".
And I nearly died when I read this one:
"19. What would happen if Gallifrey was destroyed...?"
"This is the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra. There used to be three of them and now Nigel's the only one left. There was a man who played the trumpet...and then there was another person who just danced in the corner."
"Ou est la piscine?"
"Parlez-vous le Francais?"
"Sac de douche."
--Jemaine and Bret
But, seriously, LOLOLOLOL.
No, honestly, I think people think I'm for serious. Clearly, BSH aren't very internet savvy or otherwise, they'd automatically assume 'troll'. Which, honestly, is what we are. And I had such FAITH in them. Hmm.
Meme! Again! It's that one that maidm andlilyknotwisemd both did! I'm really trying to pick ones they haven't done but maybe I just can't tell that they've already done them. That does mean, however, that a lot of mine are for the lulz. Oh well. For me, that's often what OTP means ANYWAY. Man, I overlap with Marion way too much. I think eventually, when I'm sick of trying to think of pairings we don't share, I'll give up.
Pick up to 13 OTPs (in no particular order).
Describe them in 13 (or possibly many more!) words or fewer.
Have your flist guess the OTP.
1. They are SO not together. Never. Never ever.
2. They're married. Only not. Only they totally are.
3. "What would you say first attracted you to me?" John/Ringo guessed by lilyknotwisemd
4. It's all about the powerful sexual tension. If you read between the lines. Howard/Vince guessed by theanswer42
5. You might even say...they went to school together. Master/Doctor guessed by theanswer42
6. They COULD have just hidden behind the dustbins but his way's more fun. Moss/Roy guessed by maidm
7. She neglects him for the men at work. He still loves her. Rhys/Gwen guessed by theanswer42
8. Creepy love is AWESOME. I naively find them cute. Master/Lucy guessed by theanswer42
9. He believes in her. And she knows. But he'll never tell her.
10. Love Games? Howard/Old Gregg guessed by maidm
11. Love? Present. Bret/Jemaine guessed by lilyknotwisemd
12. Laundry brought them together. An explosion tore them apart. Doctor Horrible/Penny guessed by lilyknotwisemd
13. NEEDS MOAR HIM. Eight/Eight/Eight... guessed by lilyknotwisemd
CRIMINY there's a lot of slash! When I go silly, apparently, I slash like a motherbitch. I'm like connect four in fandom terms.
The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me! My choice. For you.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
- What I create will be just for you.
- It'll be done this year.
- You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a song. It may be a something costume-y. I may draw or paint something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
The catch? Oh, the catch is that you have to put this in your journal as well. We all can make stuff!
Spread the Art Love
With luck, no-one will ever see this. Hahahaha. No, really, post. Five people who I know read this. Basically. That's pretty much it, yeah?
It's probably going to be very strange, whatever it is.
But, Leah, why aren't you doing the Christmas cards that you promised instead?
Shut the flip up, inside voice!
Anyway, I don't really see the huge deal about the changing of years. To me, it's honestly just another day. I tend to divide years by my birthday, really, because that's MY year. This is just winter.
Anyway, I was working at my dad's office and THEY LEFT ME THERE BY ACCIDENT. My parents. The door was locked and i sort oftapped on it, waiting for dad to unlock the car because he was in it and then he ZOOMS OFF. I was left standing there, trying to figure out if it was a practical joke. Eventually, I wandered around to the front of the building and the car wasn't there. So I figured out that they didn't know I wasn't in the car. I got a little bit weepy for about ten seconds and then started finding it funny and had to stop myself from giggling insanely. I waited for a while, hoping they'd figure it out and come back, but they didn't. So I started walking from the building to the main intersection where there'd be stores I could maybe bum a phone call from. I didn't have my wallet or cell phone because I was with my parents all day, obviously. This was turning out to be a detriment. Anyway, when I got to the intersection, I hear a car horn beep and see my parents tearing around the corner in their car. in all, I was probaby only there for about five minutes. It was all very silly.
Oh, yay, it's another list-y thing! Just what I didn't needed! Okay, well, I got MYSELF into it, actually. I like them secretly. And at least it isn't as long as SOME.
I got asked these by
1. Hostile aliens invade and for some reason or other, you have been appointed as a negotiator for humanity. How do you save Earth?
Oh jeez...I'm almost more interested in what that reason would be--does humanity have a death wish? I'd just have to see what resources I was allowed and then try and save Earth in the most peaceful way possible. If I didn't have any sort of technology behind me...I'd have to do alien research (if possible) and try and come up with a plan to trick them into leaving. I don't really like force. I wouldn't be able to do anything really violent.
2. Gimme the top five places you would like to visit.
1. Anywhere in the 60's. I'm a 60's girl at heart and I would LOVE to be there. If possible, somewhere the Beatles are at.
2. The UK.
3. A different planet with life on it. Because that would just be TOO awesome.
4. The 1800's. I get to wear the clothing, right?
5. New Zealand
3. If you could make one fictional character real, who would it be?
...I really don't want to be boring and/or obvious...but I really do think the Doctor might be useful. Although, then again, he might leave a wave of destruction in his wake, like a really clumsy person walking through a glass store ("Whoops! Sorry, er, pardon me...") Having his help against aliens (when they somehow happen) would be good. But still. The destruction. Um, nice safe person...Maybe Rincewind from Discworld. Just for the lulz.
4. You can spend one day and one day only, anywhere, anytime, with anyone of your choosing. When, where and with whom?
One day...with....oh man, I almost just said the Doctor in the Zooniverse. I need better ideas, or ones that don't subconciously steal yours. One day with the Doctor in the Monkey Island universe around the time of the second game. The Doctor finding out about insult swordfighting would be pure crack. My life needs to be more like crackfic.
5. What's your favourite swear word?
Bugger. I use it for EVERYTHING in many different variations, tacked on to other words...I'm particularly fond of "Monkey buggery!" for some reason. I guess I like monkeys...
Here's the actual thing if anyone else wants to do it...
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
I was playing the Sims 2 and it was Rose's Birthday Party. And I was making her hook up with Mickey, when I noticed: Jackie was in the middle of the room, naked, having a sponge bath at the sink. Her Hygiene must have gotten so low that she was desperate, and bloody Betty Pleasant was chatting in the bathroom, so she got naked.
It was really classy.
I got pictures. If I can find them properly, I'll post the best one later (and you can see what a bad job I did of trying to properly make her face. She's worse than ROSE.)